www.flickr.com
kerfern's photos More of kerfern's photos

slideshow

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mum came and is goin going tmr...

So, my beloved mum came. I have not cooked so much since i just left Singapore (it's every single night, even the night before she leaves). She bought just about everything that is needed for cooking, pots: big and small (by big i mean can cook for prob 10 people), dish washing tray, loads of tupperware, backing tray (main function is to be the water bath for my cheesecake: coming not so soon, haven't got my 20cm cake tin yet, almost got a silicone one today didn't know that silicone can stand it till 240Âșc)...

She's staying in Monash hotel-motel, their so called complimentary breakfast is 4 slices of bread on a plate lined with packet jam and butter, and then a box each of cornflake and rice bubbles. (Damn Cheapo... well what do you expect, it's only 58 bucks a night). She ate the bread and then bring the cereals everyday to me tirelesly, without fail. Now i have lots of cereal, no need bread for next week! Cooked so much with guest appearance of people to eat, the first major one with many, then later, John and Jeff for Shepard's pie, then Ling² for lambchops, then after all were too pai seh to come for the free food and i started eating with my mum alone. sob sob... Now i got 2 tupperwares full of Dark sauce pork belly, and another 2 of cabbage soup, today another huge stock of curry chicken. Think my food stash can last me prob the whole week, not counting the meat we bought today. Think with that i can survive till the week after. Oh yar, the pork in John's freezer is about 2 weeks old, better finish it soon.

Went to Dandenong, saw Tim Tams at 3 for $5, so called a few people, and i end up lugging 15 packs of Tim Tams back, with my endlesss supply of chicken and beef. For those in Singapore, i'll try to remember to bring back some Tim Tams =)

Started playing Defence of The Ancients DOTA again. And i still suk at it as i always have. Good! fantastic compelling reason for me to stop playing it. Have been losing sleep over it, and i think it's not really worth it, considering that i dun really get much satisfaction for getting killed and OWNED. sigh... rekindled my inferiority complexx... i guess i was only good at archery. hur hur... And now i'm damn tired, and my mother is quite concerned that i am, well should not let her worry...

Man! i miss using my bow and arrows, and the split arrow that i kept. For those not in archery, it's not that difficult to split an arrow. Most of the time, we split each other's arrows during training, and get a mixed feeling when you see the extended shadow of the arrow on the ground.
Happy that you split another arrow, sad that another $12 just got split... Why Monash doesn't have archery.... i wonder how many of my team of archers get to actually read this post...

Got loads of Mambo Songs today. Yippee!! Thanks Ken for bringing his housemate's portable drive!

Genetics in full speed, hope i can finish reading what i actually need to for EVERYTHING! It'll be my aim, to read till i fall asleep. I need to start reading proper. My books that have arrived are starting to feel neglect and boredom. Time to unwrap them from the inertia of procrastination.

Heard there are 2 bets, 1 arising from the other, and i am starting to suspect it has to do with me. Speculation makes the world a much more interesting place doesn't it? The art of speculation of other's speculation, life is no fun without complication

Interviewed 3 patients at a Hospital, went to the Midwifery and Obstetrics Ward. Too bad didn't get to interview a mother with heart complications, it hurts to hear she may not be allowed to get pregnant again... Another lost one of her twins while she was in her 10th week because she did a lot of goods lifting, she smokes 10 sticks a day too... For those who want to talk about breach of patient confidentiality, i did my best, no names, and even of hospitals. Sigh... it's almost sad how i subconsciously wish that there would be an interesting patient with dramatic or drastic conditions, but to make that wish comes true someone has to suffer or a life is lost...

For that someone out there:
When You Tell Me That You Love Me~Diana Ross

Everytime you touch me, i become a hero. I'll make you safe no matter where you are....
And bring you Everything you ask for, Nothing is above me, I'm shining like a candle in the dark
When you tell me that you love me...

Candlelight~Imogen Heap

Would u take my candle light, away from me.....

No comments: