www.flickr.com
kerfern's photos More of kerfern's photos

slideshow

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Michael Bublé - Call me irresponsible

A fantastic album that i got from dear Poon. Thanx loads for this smooth voiced album. smooth enough to lubricate any bad day.

i need to study for OSCEs. and catch up. Always playing catch up so tiring. Exams were postponed from before holidays to after: 18 July. So my hols from 9 June till 15 June i will plough through the thick fermented pile of knowledge that i have yet to consume. sad for a holiday. At least my mum is coming on 29 June that will bring some life to my monotonous life.

Perception seems to be changed by choice. You choose what and how u want to perceive. Even if an event you witness changes your perception, it is because you allowed it to. e.g. you see a video or a street side performace advocating irresposible sex. You wouldnt be affected by it to want to have irresponsible sex (of course there are some that will).

Maybe it's time to buy a heater. irritating how a CLOSED window still leaks cold air into my room and therefore cooling my right hand more than my left. As my right hand holds the mouse and my left is protected by the screen of my laptop. Sigh.

My condolences to Han Boon whose brother passed away. Though i do not know him at all.

People who think that they are unpopular: here is some fruit for thought. Social norms are what define how we should act in front of others. popularity is seen as people who conform to these norms and also impress by being able to twist the norms to make it more interesting without creating discomfort to others. They are therefore inspirational and also impressive.

Unpopular are prople who bend the norms but in a way that causes discomfort to others therefore causing others to want to stay away from you. No one wants to stay close to someone who makes them uncomfortable, i know that first hand ;p. So the cure: observe the world more carefully and the initial phase will be to emulate a popular person. Not emulate the actions but emulate the way they think: how to bend norms to impress. If not just stick to the norm and live peacefully.

Today i remember someone telling me i do not know what i am missing if i do not find love. :) yes good old blonde John said that.

2 comments:

poohpooh said...

why are you calling me POON? sounds fat with all that ooOoooOOOs. haha. anyway, i think i'm very popular just because i don't give a damn. i think everyone should do that too!

kerf said...

oh no! haha, u fat? are u kidding me? Go gym and get toned and endorphinised.

Ah, but i give a damn. sometimes too much. Maybe that is why i am popular too.

;p